See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Continuing Appropriations Extension and 2009-2010 Department of Interior, Environmental Protection Agency, and Related Appropriations
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt a conference report that extends temporary federal spending measures in order to fund the government through December 18, 2009 and appropriates $32.39 billion for the Department of the Interior, the Environmental Protection Agency, and related agencies for fiscal year 2009-2010.
- Extends fiscal year 2009-2010 continuing appropriations (see HR 2918) for departments, agencies and other organizational units of the federal government through December 18, 2009 (Div. B, Sec. 101).
- Appropriates a total of $32.39 billion, of which (Div. A, Title I-III):
- $11.08 billion shall go to fund various programs in the Department of the Interior;
- $10.29 billion shall go to fund various programs in the Environmental Protection Agency; and
- $11.01 billion shall go to fund various programs in related agencies.
- Extends the temporary loan limit increase established by HR 5140 (the "Economic Stimulus Act") for mortgages insured by the federal government until the end of 2010 (Div. B, Sec. 104).
- Appropriates $4.97 billion in State and Tribal assistance grants, including $2.1 billion in grants for Clean Water State Revolving Funds (Div. A, Title II).
- Authorizes the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to transfer up to $475 million for activities that would support the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement (Div. A, Title II).
- Requires the Environmental Protection Agency to transfer $8 million to the Navy to fund clean-up activities at the Treasure Island Naval Station-Hunters Point Annex (Div. A, Title IV, Sec. 415).
- Prohibits the distribution of funds from this act to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) or its subsidiaries (Div. A, Title IV, Sec. 427).
- Prohibits the use of funds from this or any other act to release or transfer to the United States, its territories, or another country, any detainee at the Guantanamo Bay Prison Facility in Cuba (Div. A, Title IV, Sec. 428).
- Establishes within the United States Treasury the Federal Land Assistance, Management, and Enhancement (FLAME) Wildfire Suppression Reserve Fund for the Department of the Interior and the Department of Agriculture, the purpose of which is to cover the costs of suppressing large or complex wildfires and to provide additional funding when Wildland Fire Management appropriation accounts are exhausted (Div. A, Title V, Sec. 502).
- Provides additional funds for small business loans at a rate for operations of $80 million (Div. B, Sec. 104).
- Provides that up to $200 million in funds shall be available for public housing agencies for the purpose of preventing the termination of funds that provide housing assistance to families (Div. B, Sec. 104).