See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Preventive Services Coverage Requirements
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to S Amdt 2786 to HR 3590 that requires health insurance providers to cover at minimum the cost of specified preventive health services.
More Info About this Vote
- Requires health insurance issuers to provide coverage for the following services at no cost to the patient:
- Services that have an 'A' or 'B' rating in the recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force;
- Immunizations recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Preventive health care and screenings for infants, children and adolescents as provided for in guidelines supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration; and
- Preventive health care and screenings for women as provided for in guidelines supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration.
- Specifies that the recommendations of the United States Preventive Service Task Force regarding breast cancer screening, mammography, and prevention issued in or around November 2009 shall not apply for the purposes of federal law.
- Provides that nothing in this amendment shall prohibit a health insurance issuer from providing coverage for services in addition to those recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force or from denying coverage for services not recommended by the Task Force.
NOTE: THIS IS AN AMENDMENT TO A SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT. A SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT REPLACES THE ENTIRE TEXT OF A PIECE OF LEGISLATION WITH A NEW TEXT.
NOTE: IN ACCORDANCE WITH A SPECIAL AGREEMENT, THIS VOTE REQUIRES A 3/5 MAJORITY FOR PASSAGE.