See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Payment to Social Security Recipients
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote on a motion to waive the Budget Act for an amendment to S Amdt 3336 to HR 4213 that provides a payment of $250 in 2010 to eligible individuals receiving Social Security benefits.
More Info About this Vote
- Specifies that no payments for calendar year 2009, as authorized in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (HR 1, the "Stimulus" Act), shall be dispersed after December 31, 2010, and no payment authorized in this amendment for calendar year 2010 shall be dispersed after December 31, 2011, regardless of entitlement or eligibility.
- Appropriates an additional $11.43 million to carry out the administrative costs of this amendment as follows:
- $5.2 million to the Secretary of the Treasury;
- $5 million to the Commissioner of Social Security;
- $600,000 to the Railroad Retirement Board; and
- $625,000 to the Secretary of Veteran Affairs.
NOTE: A MOTION TO WAIVE THE BUDGET ACT, IF ADOPTED, TEMPORARILY SETS ASIDE A SPECIFIC PROVISION OF THE BUDGET ACT OF 1974 SO THAT AN AMENDMENT THAT VIOLATES THE ACT MAY BE CONSIDERED. A 3/5 MAJORITY IS REQUIRED FOR ADOPTION.