SB 312 - Regionalization of Public Safety Emergency Telecommunications - Connecticut Key Vote
Title: Regionalization of State Emergency Telecommunications
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that requires towns to consolidate and form Public Safety Emergency Telecommunication Centers.
-Establishes an Office of State-Wide Emergency Telecommunications that shall be responsible for developing and maintaining a state-wide emergency service telecommunications policy (Sec. 1). -Specifies that for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016, and each fiscal year thereafter, any municipality with a population of 40,000 or less must join two or more others to form a regional emergency telecommunications center, or they will not receive federal funding pursuant to this legislation (Sec. 1).
More Info About this Vote
NOTE: THIS IS A SUBSTITUTE BILL, MEANING THE LANGUAGE OF THE ORIGINAL BILL HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE DEGREE TO WHICH THE SUBSTITUTE BILL TEXT DIFFERS FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE TEXT CAN VARY GREATLY.
NOTE: THIS VOTE RECONSIDERS A PREVIOUS VOTE.
Title: Regionalization of state Emergency Telecommunications
- Public Safety and Security (Sponsor)
- Donald J. 'Don' DeFronzo (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Thomas J. Drew (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Louis P. 'Lou' Esposito (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Toni N. Harp (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Jonathan A. Harris (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Deborah W. 'Deb' Heinrich (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Anthony J. Musto (CT - D) (Out Of Office)
- Jason Rojas (CT - D)