See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Deeming Supplemental Military Appropriations Passed and Allowing Divided Question
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a resolution that deems the Senate amendments to HR 4899, a supplemental military appropriations bill, as being passed with an additional amendment, and authorizes further amendments to HR 4899 to be considered as part of a divided question, the failure of which would not affect the passage of the portions deemed passed by this resolution.
- Appropriates $33.29 billion (including appropriation increases and rescissions) for the Department of Defense for military purposes, including, but not limited to, the following (Ch. 3):
- $24.59 billion for operation and maintenance;
- $4.95 billion for procurement; and
- $1.79 billion for military personnel.
- Appropriates $13.38 billion for the Department of Veterans Affairs for compensation and pensions, and specifies that the funds may not be obligated or expended until the expiration of the period for Congressional disapproval of the regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish a service connection between exposure of veterans to Agent Orange during service in the Republic of Vietnam during "the Vietnam era" and hairy cell leukemia, other chronic B cell leukemias, Parkinson's disease, and ischemic heart disease (Ch. 9, Sec. 902).
- Appropriates $6.18 billion for the Department of State, including, but not limited to, the following (Ch. 10):
- $3.17 billion for bilateral economic assistance;
- $1.41 billion for administration of foreign affairs;
- $1.13 billion for international security assistance; and
- $96.5 million for international organizations.
- Appropriates $5.1 billion for the Department of Homeland Security for the Federal Emergency Management Agency for disaster relief (Ch. 6).
- Appropriates $1.15 billion for the Secretary of Agriculture to carry of the settlement agreement dated February 18, 2010 between certain plaintiffs and the Secretary of Agriculture to resolve the claims raised or that could have been raised in the cases consolidated in In re Black Farmers Discrimination Litigation, No. 08-511 (D.D.C.) if such settlement agreement is approved by a court order that is or becomes final and nonappealable (Sec. 5001).
- Appropriates $1 billion for grants to states for youth activities, including employment for youth (Sec. 5002).