See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Establishing Sedona-Red Rock National Scenic Area
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that designates land in the Coconino National Forest in Arizona as the Sedona-Red Rock National Scenic Area.
- Establishes the Sedona-Red Rock National Scenic Area, consisting of approximately 160,000 acres of National Forest Land within the Coconino National Forest, for the following purposes (Sec. 2):
- Limiting exchanges of land included in the area; and
- Managing the land in the area as provided in the land and resource management plan for the Coconino National Forest.
- Prohibits exchanges of land within the Sedona-Red Rock National Scenic Area, unless the following criteria are met (Sec. 2):
- The exchange results in the acquisition of land within the boundaries of the Scenic Area from a willing seller for inclusion in the Scenic Area;
- There is no net loss of National Forest System land within the boundaries of the Scenic Area; and
- An environmental analysis is completed prior to the exchange in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 USC 4321) and the applicable forest plan amendment.
More Info About this Vote
NOTE: THIS VOTE WAS TAKEN UNDER A SUSPENSION OF THE RULES TO CUT OFF DEBATE EARLY AND VOTE TO PASS THE BILL, THEREBY REQUIRING A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY FOR PASSAGE.