See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Additional Continuing Appropriations
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a resolution that extends the Continuing Appropriations Act until April 8, 2011, and reduces overall federal appropriations by approximately $6 billion.
- Extends the Continuing Appropriations Act from March 18, 2011, until April 8, 2011 (Sec. 1).
- Reduces or rescinds appropriations for various federal agencies and programs including, but not limited to, the following (Sec. 1):
- Reduces appropriations to the Environmental Protection Agency for state and tribal assistance grants from $4.9 billion to $4.7 billion;
- Reduces appropriations to the Department of Justice for community oriented policing services from $792 million to $598 million;
- Rescinds $1.74 billion previously appropriated to the Bureau of the Census;
- Rescinds $225 million previously appropriated to the Department of Labor for community service employment for older Americans;
- Rescinds $200 million previously appropriated to the Social Security Administration for investment in information technology; and
- Rescinds $185 million previously appropriated to the Department of Justice for discretionary grants to improve the criminal justice system, combat juvenile delinquency and assist victims of crime.
- Appropriates $66 million to the Department of Health and Human Services for the preparation for and response to an influenza pandemic, but specifies that this appropriation will be rescinded on September 30, 2011 (Sec. 1).