See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Amending FAA Rulemaking Activities
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to HR 658 that tailors regulations proposed by the FAA Administrator to the characteristics of each separate segment of the aviation industry.
- Requires the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to perform the following for each industry segment:
- Identify and assess any alternative forms of regulation and specify performance objectives;
- Assess the costs and benefits of any proposed regulation;
- Ensure that any proposed regulation be based on reasonably obtainable scientific and technical information; and
- Assess whether the regulation would have an adverse effect on the economy or private markets.