See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Energy Tax Prevention Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gas emissions to address climate change.
- Defines a "greenhouse gas" as any of the following (Sec. 2):
- Water vapor;
- Carbon dioxide;
- Nitrous oxide;
- Sulfur hexafluoride;
- Perfluorocarbons; or
- Any other substance subject to regulation to address climate change.
- Prohibits the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from promulgating any regulation, or taking any action, concerning the emission of greenhouse gases to address climate change (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that the term "air pollutant" does not include a greenhouse gas when addressing climate change (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that the bill does not limit the authority of a state to adopt, enforce, amend or repeal state laws and regulations relating to greenhouse gas emissions (Sec. 2).