See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Emergency Disaster Relief Appropriations
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to HJR 66 that appropriates $6.95 billion for disaster relief.
More Info About this Vote
- Appropriates funds as follows for the payment of expenses caused by major disasters (Sec. 2):
- $5.1 billion to the Federal Emergency Management Agency;
- $1.35 billion to the Army Corps of Engineers;
- $266 million to the Department of Agriculture;
- $135 million to the Department of Commerce; and
- $100 million to the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Defines "major disaster" to mean any catastrophe including, but not limited to, a natural disaster, fire, or explosion in any part of the United States, which has caused damage of such severity and magnitude that the President determines assistance is necessary to supplement the resources of state and local governments (Sec. 2).
NOTE: THIS LEGISLATION NEEDED A THREE-FIFTHS MAJORITY VOTE TO PASS.