See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Extends Trade Adjustment Assistance
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to HR 2832 that extends the termination date of the trade adjustment assistance program from February 12, 2011, to December 31, 2013.
- Reduces the period in which a worker may receive extended allowances for trade adjustment assistance training from 78 additional weeks in the 91-week period following the last week of allowance eligibility or the first week of assistance training to 65 additional weeks in the 78-week period following the last week of allowance eligibility or the first week of assistance training (Sec. 213).
- Authorizes trade readjustment allowances for trade adjustment assistance training to be made for an additional 13 weeks to the worker to assist him or her in completing a degree or credential if the following criteria are met (Sec. 213):
- Payment of the allowance for no more than 13 weeks is necessary for the worker to complete the training;
- The worker participates in the training each week he or she receives the allowance; and
- The worker has met performance benchmarks and will complete the training during the period of eligibility.