See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Appropriations for Agriculture, Rural Development, and the Food and Drug Administration
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt a conference report that appropriates funds for agriculture, rural development, and the Food and Drug Administration.
- Prohibits the use of funds for any nutritional program under the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act and the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 that does the following (Sec. 743):
- Requires crediting of tomato paste and puree based on volume;
- Establishes a whole grain requirement without defining "whole grain"; or
- Specifies a sodium reduction target beyond the target specified in the Nutrition Standards of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
- Prohibits the use of funds for projects that seek to use the power of eminent domain, and specifies that funds appropriated for projects that are considered of public use for purposes of eminent domain include, but are not limited to, the following (Sec. 409):
- Mass transit, railroad, airport, seaport or highway projects; and
- Utility projects that benefit or serve the general public.
- Authorizes the Secretary of Transportation to appropriate funds in excess of $100 million for a single natural disaster event in a state for emergency relief projects arising from damage caused in fiscal year 2011 by the following events: (Sec. 125):
- Hurricane Irene; and
- The Missouri River basin flooding.
- Excludes events involving closed hydrologic basins from the provisions of this act (Sec. 125).