See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Repeals Department of Education Regulations
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that repeals certain regulations established by the Department of Education.
- Repeals the requirement that states authorize institutions of postsecondary education (Sec. 2).
- Repeals the definition of “credit hour”, which was previously defined as (Sec. 2):
- 1 hour of direct faculty instruction and a minimum of 2 hours of homework each week for approximately 15 weeks, or an equivalent amount of work over a different period of time; or
- An equivalent amount of other academic work including, but not limited to, laboratory work, studio work, and internships.
- Prohibits the Secretary of the Department of Education from regulating the term “credit hour” (Sec. 2).