See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act of 2012
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that repeals the budget sequester for fiscal year 2013.
- Specifies that any sequestration order issued from the President for reductions in direct spending for defense in fiscal year 2013 shall have no force or effect (Sec. 706).
- Reduces the appropriation of funds for hospitals that serve a “disproportionate” share of Medicaid recipients and low-income patients for fiscal year 2022 (Sec. 212).
- Increases the percentage of salaries that federal employees pay into their retirement accounts by a total of 5 percent in the following manner (Sec. 501):
- 1.5 percent for 2013;
- 0.5 percent for 2014;
- 1 percent for 2015-2017.
- Requires taxpayers to include a Social Security number on tax returns in order to claim child tax credits (Sec. 611).
- Repeals the program of block grants to states for social services (Sec. 621).
- Repeals the authority of the Federal Government to liquidate certain banks (Sec. 311).
- Prohibits the Secretary of the Treasury from providing assistance on behalf of any homeowner under the Home Affordable Mortgage Program (Sec. 323).
- Limits eligibility for the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program for households requiring nutritional assistance and/or receiving “cash benefits” from state programs, whereas existing law allows for households receiving any benefits from state programs (Sec. 103).
- Reduces funding for workforce and employment training related to the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program from $90 million to $79 million for fiscal year 2013 (Sec. 107).
- Repeals bonus payments to states for enrollment and retention costs associated with the Children's Health Insurance Program and Medicaid (Sec. 215).