See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Repeals Indefinite Military Detention Provisions
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to HR 4310 that prohibits the Armed Forces of the United States from detaining individuals captured or arrested in the United States without trial, or from transferring such individuals to military custody.
- Prohibits individuals associated with al-Qaeda or the Taliban, or who participated in the attacks of September 11, 2001, from being detained without trial if such individuals were detained, captured, or arrested in the United States or a territory or possession of the United States.
- Requires the Federal government to immediately transfer such individuals for trial in a federal or state court.
- Prohibits the transfer of individuals detained, captured or arrested in the United States to military custody.
- Repeals the requirement to detain individuals associated with al-Qaeda or the Taliban, or who participated in the attacks of September 11, 2001, in military custody.
- Requires all trials to have the due process provided for under the Constitution of the United States.