See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act for 2013
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates funds for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2012-2013.
- Prohibits funds appropriated to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) from being used in certain circumstances including, but not limited to, the following (Title V, Secs. 566 & 572):
- For providing abortions, except in cases of rape, incest, or if the life of the woman is endangered by the pregnancy; and
- For funding the position of Public Advocate within ICE.
- Specifies that the provision of this bill that prohibits the use of funds appropriated to the ICE for abortions is null and void if declared unconstitutional by a court of competent jurisdiction (Title V, Sec. 566).
- Appropriates $6.1 billion to the Disaster Relief Fund (Title III).
- Appropriates $670 million for firefighter assistance grants (Title III).