See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Expands TRICARE Coverage of Autism
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to S 3254 that expands TRICARE coverage for autism therapy.
- Expands the TRICARE program coverage to include coverage for autism spectrum disorders.
- Appropriates an additional $45 million to the Defense Health Program for Private Sector Care to be available for the coverage of autism therapy for fiscal year 2013.
- Specifies that the following individuals will not be beneficiaries of the TRICARE coverage for autism therapy:
- Recipients of hospital insurance benefits under the Social Security Act; and
- Individuals who are former members, dependents of former members, or survivors of any uniformed service member not under the jurisdiction of the Department of Defense.