See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Disaster Relief Appropriations Act, 2013
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates funds for Hurricane Sandy disaster relief.
- Appropriates $11.5 billion to the Disaster Relief Fund of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (Title 10, Ch. 6).
- Appropriates $300 million to the Disaster Assistance Direct Loan Program Account (Title 10, Ch. 6).
- Appropriates $86 million for grants to the National Railroad Passenger Corporation to advance capital projects that address Northeast Corridor infrastructure recovery in areas affected by Hurricane Sandy (Title 10, Ch. 9).
- Appropriates funds for certain costs related to the consequences of Hurricane Sandy including, but not limited to, the following (Title 10, Ch. 2):
- $10 million for buildings and facilities for federal prison system;
- $10 million for salaries and expenses for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI);
- $1 million for salaries and expenses for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA);
- $1 million to the Legal Services Corporation for expenses related to the consequences of Hurricane Sandy;
- $9 million for repairs to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) buildings damaged by Hurricane Sandy; and
- $13 million for “accelerating” the ground readiness project of the National Weather Service.