See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2013
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits any individual who has a delinquent tax debt from being an employee of the federal government, effective 9 months after enactment.
More Info About this Vote
- Prohibits any individual who has a “seriously delinquent tax debt” from being appointed to or continuing to serve as an employee of a government “agency” (Sec. 2).
- Defines “seriously delinquent tax debt” as an outstanding debt for which a notice of lien has been filed in public records (Sec. 2).
- Defines “agency” as the following (Sec. 2):
- An Executive agency;
- The United States Postal Service;
- The Postal Regulatory Commission; and
- An employing authority in the legislative branch.
- Requires each agency to provide for the review of public records to determine if a notice of lien is on file for an employee or an applicant for employment (Sec. 2).
NOTE: THIS LEGISLATION NEEDED A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY VOTE TO PASS