See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Limits Firearm Magazine Capacity
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt an amendment to S 649 that prohibits the sale, exchange, and manufacture of high-capacity magazines.
- Prohibits an individual from importing, selling, manufacturing, transferring, or possessing a “large capacity ammunition feeding device”.
- Defines “large capacity ammunition feeding device” as a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has an overall capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
- Exempts devices otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of the bill’s enactment.
- Requires large capacity ammunition feeding device manufacturers to engrave identification markings on any devices manufactured after the date of enactment.
- Exempts certain agencies or individuals from the provisions of this bill, including, but not limited to:
- A department or agency of the United States;
- A department or agency of a state;
- An individual who is a qualified federal or state law enforcement officer; and
- An individual who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition.