See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2014
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates funds for the Department of Homeland Security for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014.
- Appropriates $6.2 billion for disaster relief to remain available until expended (Title III).
- Increases appropriations for the Federal Emergency Management Agency by $7.67 million to $914 million (Title III).
- Appropriates $1.5 billion for state and local grant contracts, cooperative agreements, and other activities, to be distributed by the Secretary of Homeland Security according to estimations of threat, vulnerability, and consequence (Title III).
- Prohibits the use of funds provided by this bill for planning, testing, or developing a national identification card (Title V, Sec. 528).
- Prohibits the use of funds provided by this bill for employment of an “unauthorized alien” (Title V, Sec. 536).
- Prohibits the use of funds provided by this bill for transferring, releasing, or assisting in the transfer or release of any detainee who is not a United States citizen (Title V, Sec. 533).