See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Veterans Benefits Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote on a motion to suspend rules and pass a joint resolution that appropriates funds for military and veterans' benefits and payments for fiscal year 2014.
More Info About this Vote
- Extends appropriations for continuing operations and management activities, including the payment of veterans’ benefits, of the Department of Defense that were conducted in fiscal year 2013 to fiscal year 2014 (Sec. 101).
- Appropriates $2.46 billion to the Department of Veterans Affairs for departmental administration, general operating expenses, and the Veterans Benefits Administration (Sec. 102).
- Authorizes funding and authority granted for the year 2014 to be available until 1 of the following occurs (Sec. 103):
- The enactment into law of an appropriation for any project or activity provided in this joint
- The enactment into law of an appropriations act for fiscal year 2014 that does not contain any provision for a project or activity provided in this join resolution; or
- December 15, 2013.
NOTE: THIS VOTE WAS TAKEN UNDER A SUSPENSION OF THE RULES TO CUT OFF DEBATE EARLY AND VOTE TO PASS THE BILL, THEREBY REQUIRING A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY FOR PASSAGE.