See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Food and Drug Administration Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a joint resolution that appropriates funds to the Food and Drug Administration for fiscal year 2014.
- Extends appropriations for continuing projects and activities of the Food and Drug Administration that were conducted in fiscal year 2013 to fiscal year 2014 taking into account funding reductions required by the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2013 and the Presidential sequestration order dated March 1, 2013 (Sec. 101).
- Requires funds appropriated by this bill to be used in such a manner that only the most limited funding action is taken in order to provide for the continuation of projects and activities (Sec. 105).
- Authorizes funds appropriated by this bill to be used in such a manner that may be necessary to avoid furloughs within the department or agency (Sec. 106).
- Authorizes funding and authority granted for fiscal year 2014 to be available until 1 of the following occurs (Sec. 103):
- The enactment into law of an appropriation for any project or activity provided for in this joint resolution;
- The enactment into law of an appropriations act for fiscal year 2014; or
- December 15, 2013.