See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Kids First Research Act of 2013
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that establishes the 10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund.
- Establishes the “10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund” (Sec. 2).
- Repeals payments made to any major or minor political party from the Presidential Election Campaign Fund for presidential nominating conventions and transfers the funds to the 10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund (Sec. 2).
- Appropriates $12.6 million for each fiscal year 2014 through 2023 to fund the 10-Year Pediatric Initiative through the Common Fund (Sec. 3).
- Requires the Director of the National Institute of Health to allocate funds from the 10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund to national research institutes and centers that make grants for pediatric research (Sec. 3).
- Requires the funds appropriated in this bill to be used to supplement, not replace, appropriations distributed by the National Institute of Health for pediatric research (Sec. 3).
More Info About this Vote
NOTE: THIS VOTE WAS TAKEN UNDER A SUSPENSION OF THE RULES TO CUT OFF DEBATE EARLY AND VOTE TO PASS THE BILL, THEREBY REQUIRING A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY FOR PASSAGE.