See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Kids First Research Act of 2013
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that establishes the 10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund.
More Info About this Vote
- Establishes the “10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund” (Sec. 2).
- Repeals payments made to any major or minor political party from the Presidential Election Campaign Fund for presidential nominating conventions and transfers the funds to the 10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund (Sec. 2).
- Appropriates $12.6 million for each fiscal year 2014 through 2023 to fund the 10-Year Pediatric Initiative through the Common Fund (Sec. 3).
- Requires the Director of the National Institute of Health to allocate funds from the 10-Year Pediatric Research Initiative Fund to national research institutes and centers that make grants for pediatric research (Sec. 3).
- Requires the funds appropriated in this bill to be used to supplement, not replace, appropriations distributed by the National Institute of Health for pediatric research (Sec. 3).
NOTE: THIS VOTE WAS TAKEN UNDER A SUSPENSION OF THE RULES TO CUT OFF DEBATE EARLY AND VOTE TO PASS THE BILL, THEREBY REQUIRING A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY FOR PASSAGE.