See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Exchange Information Disclosure Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that requires a weekly report regarding consumer interactions with health insurance exchange websites to be made available to the public, effective immediately.
- Requires the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services to publish a report on each Monday through March 30, 2015 regarding consumer interactions with federal health insurance exchange websites (Sec. 2).
- Requires the Secretary to include a state-by-state listing of certain information in the report, including, but not limited to, the following (Sec. 2):
- The number of unique website visits;
- The number of web chat logins;
- The number of individuals who create an account and select a qualified health plan;
- The number of individuals enrolled in Medicaid who became eligible to enroll because of changes made by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act;
- The number of enrollees in each zip code; and
- The level of coverage obtained.
- Requires the Secretary to include a detailed description of website functionality problems in the report, including, but not limited to, the following (Sec. 2):
- The problems with logging into the website or enrolling in coverage;
- The problems with income or identity verification;
- The problems with consumer privacy or data security;
- The actions being taken to resolve the problems;
- The identity of the contractors responsible for solving the problems;
- The identity of the federal officials responsible for supervising the repairs; and
- The costs of the repairs.
- Requires the Secretary to publish a report on each Monday through March 30, 2015 regarding the federally operated Healthcare.gov customer service call center and requires the report to include certain information including, but not limited to, the following (Sec. 2):
- The number of calls received by the call center;
- The enrollment problems identified by users; and
- The number of individuals who have selected a qualified health plan through the call center.
- Requires the Secretary to publish a report on a weekly basis through March 31, 2015 that lists all health care navigators and certified application counselors, effective no later than 5 days after the enactment of this bill (Sec. 3).