See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Secret Science Reform Act of 2014
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from proposing certain "covered actions".
- Prohibits the Administrator of the EPA from proposing, finalizing, or disseminating a “covered action” unless the following conditions are satisfied (Sec. 2):
- The supporting scientific and technical information is specifically identified; and
- The supporting scientific and technical information is publically available online in a manner that is “sufficient” for independent analysis and “substantial” reproduction of research results.
- Defines “covered action” as certain terms, including, but not limited to, the following terms (Sec. 2):
- A risk;
- An exposure;
- A hazard assessment;
- A standard; or
- A regulation.
- Specifies that none of the provisions of this bill shall be construed to require the dissemination of material whose disclosure is prohibited by law (Sec. 2).