See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2015
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits federal funding of any abortion services and of health benefits coverage that provides any abortion services.
- Prohibits federal funds from being used for the performance of an abortion or health benefits coverage that includes coverage of an abortion (Sec. 1).
- Exempts an abortion from the provisions of this bill in the following circumstances (Sec. 1):
- The pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest; or
- The woman is suffering from a physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness that would place her in danger of death unless an abortion is performed, including a physical condition caused by the pregnancy itself.
- Prohibits a health care service from including abortion if the service is by or in a health care facility owned or operated by the Federal Government or by a physician or individual employed by the Federal Government to provide health care services (Sec. 1).
- Requires the Director of the Office of Personnel Management to ensure that no multi-state qualified health plan offered in an exchange provides health benefits coverage that violates the provisions of this bill (Sec. 1).