See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2015
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates funds for the Department of Homeland Security for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2015.
- Appropriates funds to the Department of Homeland Securities including, but not limited to, the following appropriations for certain agencies and programs (Titles I-III):
- $5.95 billion for the enforcement of immigration and customs laws and other activities associated with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE);
- $6.89 billion for necessary expenses of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) related to providing civil aviation security services;
- $9.89 billion for necessary expenses of the U.S. Coast Guard;
- $1.66 billion for necessary expenses of the Secret Service; and
- $7.03 billion for the disaster relief fund of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Requires ICE to maintain at least 34,000 detention beds for detention programs (Title V, Sec. 544).
- Appropriates $140 million to the Federal Network security program to improve the information security of agency information systems (Title V, Sec. 547).
- Appropriates $124 million to the E-Verify Program to assist United States employers with maintaining a legal workforce (Title IV).
- Prohibits the Secretary of Homeland Security from using funds to implement changes to U.S. immigration policies set forth in certain memoranda from the U.S. President, the Secretary of Homeland Security or other executive branch officials (Title V, Sec. 579).
- Prohibits the Secretary of Homeland Security from using funds to consider or renew applications for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (Title V, Sec. 580).