See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2015
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that rescinds funds from Planned Parenthood.
- Rescinds funds for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. for 1 year unless Planned Parenthood certifies that its clinics and affiliates will not use funds to perform an abortion during that year (Sec. 3).
- Exempts certain abortions from the provisions of this bill, including abortions that are performed under the following circumstances (Sec. 3):
- The woman’s pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest; or
- The woman suffers from a physical disorder, physical injury, or illness that would place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed.
- Appropriates $235 million previously allocated to Planned Parenthood, to health centers that provide for a population that is “medically underserved” (Sec. 4).