See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates funds for transportation and infrastructure projects.
- Appropriates funds from the Highway Trust Fund to federal-aid highway programs, including the following funds (Sec. 1101):
- $39.58 billion for fiscal year 2016;
- $40.77 billion for fiscal year 2017;
- $42.13 billion for fiscal year 2018;
- $43.48 billion for fiscal year 2019;
- $44.57 billion for fiscal year 2020; and
- $45.69 billion for fiscal year 2021.
- Requires the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to conduct a study of the Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) program to analyze the accuracy of certain measurements, including, but not limited to, the identification of high risk drivers (Sec. 32001).
- Prohibits CSA program scores from being made public until any deficiencies identified by the CSA study have been addressed and a corrective action plan has been implemented (Sec. 32003).
- Authorizes a state to enter into an interstate compact with up to 4 contiguous states to authorize a licensed driver between 18 and 21 years old to operate a commercial motor vehicle across applicable state lines (Sec. 32403).
- Authorizes hair testing as an alternative to urinalysis in conducting a pre-employment or random screening of commercial truck drivers for controlled substance use (Sec. 32611).
- Authorizes the Export-Import Bank to operate until September 30, 2019 (Sec. 94001).