S 1342 - Authorizes the Use of the Bible in Public Schools - Idaho Key Vote
Title: Authorizes Bibles in Schools as Educational References
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that authorizes the use of the Bible in public schools.
- Authorizes public schools to use the Bible in various topics of study for reference purposes (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that a student is not required to use any religious texts for reference purposes if the student or parents of the student object (Sec. 2).
Title: Authorizes the Use of the Bible in Public Schools
- State Affairs (Sponsor)
- Brent J. Crane (ID - R)
- Lee Heider (ID - R)
- Todd M. Lakey (ID - R)
- Fred S. Martin (ID - R)
- Shannon C. McMillan (ID - R) (Out Of Office)
- Ron J. Mendive (ID - R)
- Ronald M. 'Ron' Nate (ID - R) (Out Of Office)
- Milton Peter 'Pete' Nielsen Sr. (ID - R) (Out Of Office)
- Heather Scott (ID - R)
- Paul E. Shepherd (ID - R)
- Steven P. 'Steve' Thayn (ID - R)
- John Vander Woude (ID - R)
- Steven J. 'Steve' Vick (ID - R)
- Chuck Winder (ID - R)