See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2017
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion services.
- Prohibits the use of any federal funds for abortion services (Sec. 301).
- Prohibits the allocation of federal funds to health benefits coverage which includes abortion services (Sec. 302).
- Prohibits the performance of abortion services in federal facilities or by physicians employed by the federal government (Sec. 303).
- Authorizes individuals to purchase health coverage that includes abortion services providing that no funds authorized or appropriated by the federal government are used, nor are federal matching funds, including a state’s contribution to Medicaid, used (Secs. 304 & 201).
- Specifies that no part of this bill should be construed to prohibit any other kind of abortion coverage (Secs. 305 & 201).
- Authorizes coverage for treatment of complications arising from abortion regardless of whether the abortion itself was in compliance with the provisions of this bill (Sec. 307).
- Authorizes coverage for abortion services in cases of rape and incest and cases where the pregnant individual is suffering from a medical condition that could lead to death (Sec. 308).
- Specifies that all qualified health plans offered in an exchange, including multi-state plans, must be in compliance with provisions of this bill (Sec. 201).
- Requires insurers to disclose to enrollees any abortion services coverage included in a health plan and include a separate disclosure of any abortion services surcharge at the time of enrollment (Sec. 202).