See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Honest and Open New EPA Science Treatment Act of 2017
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that prohibits the EPA from proposing any action or regulation that uses science which is not publicly available.
- Prohibits the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency from proposing or disseminating any covered action unless all scientific and technical information used is (Sec. 2):
- The best available science;
- Specifically identified; and
- Publicly available online and accessible for independent analysis and substantial reproduction of the research results.
- Defines covered action as a standard, limitation, regulation, regulatory impact analysis, or risk, exposure, or hazard assessment (Sec. 2).
- Requires any personally identifiable information, trade secrets, and communication or financial information obtained from an individual and classified as privileged or confidential to be redacted prior to public availability (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that any redacted information will be only be disclosed to an individual after such individual signs a confidentiality agreement with the Administrator (Sec. 2).
- Specifies that the Administrator will not be required to repeal, reissue, or modify any regulations in effect upon the enactment date (Sec. 2).