See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill which provides emergency disaster funds for hurricane and wildfire relief.
- Appropriates $19 billion to remain available until expended for the Disaster Relief Fund for major disasters (Div. A, Title I).
- Appropriates $5 billion to the Disaster Assistance Direct Loan Program to be used to assist local governments in providing essential services as a result of Hurricane’s Harvey, Irma, and Maria (Div. A, Title I).
- Appropriates $576.5 million to remain available through September 30, 2021 or until expended to the Department of Agriculture for necessary expenses related to urgent wildfire suppression operations (Div. A, Title II).
- Reduces appropriation for the National Flood Insurance Fund by $16 billion and specifies that the indebtedness canceled in this section will be treated as public debt of the United States (Div. A, Title III, Sec. 308).
- Appropriates $1.3 billion for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program to remain available through September 30, 2019 for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico for disaster nutrition assistance (Div. A, Title III, Sec. 309).