See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Appropriations bill FY96, Agriculture
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt a conference report that appropriates $53.04 billion to the Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration, and rural economic and community development programs for fiscal year 1996.
- Prohibits the use of funds for tobacco export promotion or research.
- Bans the use of funds for enrolling additional acres in the Conservation Reserve Program.
- $34.17 billion for domestic food programs, including $27.6 billion to the Food Stamp program and $6.08 for nutrition programs for women and children.
- $7.42 billion for agricultural programs.
- $4.24 billion to the Rural Housing and Community Development Service.
- $2.72 billion for conservation programs, including $1.86 billion for the Consolidated Farm Service Agency.
- $963.14 million to the Food and Drug Administration for salaries, buildings and facilities, and rental payments.