See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Veterans Affairs, HUD FY '96 Appropriations bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $79.7 billion to the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Housing and Urban Development, and independent agencies for fiscal year 1996.
- Directs the Corporation for National and Community Service to use all remaining funds to carry out the termination of the Corporation and all programs and activities.
- Prohibits the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from using appropriated funds to sign or publish a national primary drinking water regulation for radon in drinking water.
- Prohibits the EPA from using appropriated funds to obtain a voluntary environmental audit report or to assess an administrative, civil or criminal negligence penalty.
- $37.55 billion to the Department of Veterans Affairs, including $16.78 billion for medical care.
- $21.05 billion to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, including $10.18 billion for annual contributions for assisted housing and $4.6 billion for community development grants.
- $13.67 to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- $4.89 billion to the Environmental Protection Agency, including $1.5 billion for Water Infrastructure/State Revolving Funds.
- $2.25 billion to the National Science Foundation for research and related activities.