Title: Continuing Appropriations
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt a joint resolution to provide continuing appropriations from October 1, 1997 until October 23, 1997 at the fiscal year 1997 levels.
- Extends Fiscal Year 1997 level funding for programs for which FY1998 spending bills had not yet been enacted.
- Extends section 245[I] of the Immigration and Nationality Act, allowing undocumented immigrants to pay a $1,000 fine in order to obtain a permanent resident alien visa.
- Extends functions of the Import-Export Bank that were due to expire October 1, 1997.
- Amends the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968, allowing new insurance contracts to be entered into through October 23rd, 1997.
- Allows the District of Colombia to extend the visa-waiver pilot program and hold off payment on select loans.