See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: District of Columbia FY98 Appropriations bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill appropriating $897 million for the District of Columbia.
- Prohibits the District from using local or federal funds for abortion services, unless the woman's life is endangered or the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest.
- Prohibits the District from using local or federal funds to support domestic partnerships for the purpose of giving employment, health, or governmental benefits on the same basis as legally married couples.
- $112.81 million in federal funds for the Public Education System.
- $13.52 million in federal funds for Public Safety and Justice.
- $7 million for the Columbia Scholarship Fund which provides scholarships for low-income families in the District of Columbia as part of a school voucher program.