See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: House Ethics Reform Task Force
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt a resolution implementing the recommendations of the bipartisan House Ethics Reform Task Force.
- Grants the ranking minority member of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct the authority to place items on the agenda.
- Stipulates that complaints filed by non-members must be sponsored by a member of the House.
- Requires the approval of the majority of the committee in order for a subcommittee to broaden the investigation.
- Establishes a pool of 20 House members from outside the committee to help with investigations (10 members from each party).
- Creates permanent, nonpartisan legal staff for the committee.
- Recognizes strict standards of confidentiality.