See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Intelligence FY98 Authorization bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill to appropriate a classified amount of money to US Intelligence Agencies including the Central Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense and Defense Intelligence Agency.
- Authorizes increases in pay, retirement packages, and benefits for federal employees working in intelligence positions.
- Stipulates that the Secretary of State should identify and release all relevant records concerning Americans abducted or killed overseas to victims and their families, excluding records that jeopardize national security or an ongoing criminal investigation.
- Directs the Inspector General of the Central Intelligence Agency to complete a review of government studies regarding the presence, use, and destruction of chemical weapons in the Persian Gulf War.
- Instructs the Director of Central Intelligence and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to prepare a report on intelligence activities of the People's Republic of China directed against or affecting the interests of the United States.
- $196.9 million for the Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability Fund.
- $121.58 million for the Community Management Account of the Director of Central Intelligence.
- $27 million for the National Drug Intelligence Center.