See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: FY2000-2001 Defense Authorization bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $288.8 billion for defense spending for 2000 and 2001.
- $106.39 billion for military operations and maintenance, including $10.50 billion for defense health programs, $1.26 billion for environmental restoration, and $811.70 million for drug interdiction and counter-drug activities.
- $55.96 billion for procurement of aircraft, missiles, weapons, combat vehicles, ammunition and shipbuilding.
- $35.84 billion for research, development, test, and evaluation, including $3.7 billion for a ballistic missile defense system.
- $8.59 billion for military construction, land acquisition, and military family housing.
- 4.8 percent pay increase for military personnel.
Energy Department National Security Programs
- $5.65 billion for environmental restoration and waste management.
- $4.54 billion for weapons activities, which includes stockpile supervision and management.
- $1.77 billion for national security, including $658.20 million for nonproliferation, $30.06 million for intelligence, and $31.20 million for counter-intelligence.