See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Veterans' Millennium Health Care Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill to expand veterans' health care services and other benefits programs.
More Info About this Vote
- Requires the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide “extended” care services for veterans.
- Instructs the Department of Defense to fashion an agreement with the VA that would allow veterans to use VA health services at the Department of Defense's expense.
- Declares that veterans who have a service-connected disability rate of 50 percent or more are eligible for health care services.
- Authorizes housing assistant grants for homeless veterans through 2002.
- Establishes a 3 year pilot program designed to provide health care services to a veteran's spouse or children.
NOTE: THIS VOTE WAS TAKEN UNDER A SUSPENSION OF THE RULES TO CUT OFF DEBATE EARLY AND VOTE TO PASS THE BILL, THEREBY REQUIRING A TWO-THIRDS MAJORITY FOR PASSAGE.