See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Academic Achievement for All Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that would implement a five-year pilot program allowing up to ten states to receive K-12 federal education funds in the form of block grants, in exchange for strict accountability and assessment systems.
- Requires states wishing to participate in the program to submit a five-year education plan to the Secretary of Education to be considered for the pilot program.
- Includes provisions relating to the following:
- Uses of funds to improve student achievement;
- An accountability system;
- Performance goals and measures;
- Student academic achievement data;
- Fiscal responsibilities;
- Civil rights;
- Private school student and staff participation;
- State financial participation; and
- Annual reports.
- Creates a pilot program that could be extended after a five-year probationary period, if the state meets 80 percent of its intended goals. Failure to comply would result in the state reverting to the previous program.