See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Small Business Tax Fairness Act of 2000
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that cuts taxes for small businesses by $46 billion over five years and increases the minimum wage.
- Increases the minimum wage from $5.15 to $6.15 per hour beginning April 1, 2001.
- Exempts certain workers who work overtime, such as "inside sales" employees, computer professionals, and licensed funeral directors and embalmers, from minimum wage.
- Raises the business meal deduction from 50 percent to 60 percent.
- Authorizes the Housing and Urban Development Secretary to provide tax incentives to 15 urban and rural "renewal communities".
- Reduces top rate estate taxes from 55 percent to 50 percent.