See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Foreign Operations FY2000 Appropriations bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates $15.2 billion for foreign operations, export financing and other programs for fiscal year 2000.
- $2.16 billion for military and economic assistance to Israel.
- $760 million for military and economic assistance to Egypt.
- $759 million for the Export-Import Bank.
- $735 million for former Soviet Republics.
- $715 million for child survival and disease programs, including $35 million for HIV/AIDS programs.
- $535 million for Eastern European and the Baltic States, including $150 million for assistance to Kosovo.
- $300 million for military and economic assistance to Jordan.
- $285 million for international narcotics control and law enforcement.
- $235 million for the Peace Corps.
- $175.88 million for international disaster assistance.