See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: 2001 Supplemental Appropriations Act
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to adopt the conference report that calls for $6.5 billion in supplemental appropriations, most of which is earmarked for defense spending.
- $5.6 billion for Defense Department, to be used for military health care, military readiness, and the Pentagon's rising energy costs.
- $100 million for bilateral AIDS prevention and treatment efforts.
- $92 million for Coast Guard expenses.
- $261 million for disaster assistance needs.
- $300 million for Low-Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program.
- $116 million for Treasury Department to help mail rebate checks.
- $60 million for law enforcement at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
- $161 million for the education of disadvantaged students.
- $5 million for Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service to respond to threat posed by foot-and-mouth and mad cow disease.