See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act, 2002
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill to appropriate $18.5 billion for the Treasury Department, U.S. Postal Service, and General Government services for the fiscal year 2003.
- $2.5 billion for customs services salaries and expenses, including $21.6 million for northern border staffing and $27.3 million for maritime port staffing.
- $980 million for federal buildings repair.
- $4.2 billion for homeland security expenses.
- $436 million for technological upgrades for IRS.
- $2.9 million to identify, disrupt and seize financing on terrorist organizations and activities.
- $246 million for High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas program.
- $2 million for the Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Trust Fund.
- Prohibits use of federal employee medical plans to fund abortions, except in the cases of rape, incest or when the woman's life is endangered.