See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Equal Protection of Voting Rights Act of 2001
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that would significantly overhaul election procedures and require states to adopt uniform provisions related to their implementation.
- Requires states to install voting machines and electronic systems that alert voters when errors have occurred on ballots and then gives them a chance to correct the errors.
- Requires states to offer a private voting machine for blind or disabled voters at each polling place.
- Requires local election officials to mail sample ballots to registered voters 10 days prior to a federal election with the following information:
- Election date;
- Hours for voting; and
- Basic information on how to vote.
- Provides aid to states and localities to modernize voting machines.
- Establishes a Commission on Voting Rights and Procedures to study election technology, voting, and election administration, and to report their findings to Congress.