See How Your Politicians Voted
Title: Foreign Operations Appropriations, FY 2004 bill
Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that appropriates over $17 billion for foreign aid and development.
- Over $1 billion to combat HIV/AIDS.
- $800 million for the Millenium Challenge Account, which aids developing countries that meet certain human rights, economic, and political standards.
- $2.2 billion for international child health programs.
- $2.2 billion for Israeli military assistance.
- $1.8 billion for military and economic assistance for Egypt.